Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Podcasts


Podcasting actually came to me quite a few years ago when my previous music endevours became evident whilst trying to allow my own music to be heard. Technology has advanced so much that five years ago the only available upload of music was the website garageband.com. In order for my music to be heard on the website, in turn I had to write reviews for ten artists songs before I was allowed one upload of my own song.

My podcast on Garageband.com
Justace

As you could imagine after 20 reviews I was ready to stop, in which I did.

What is a podcast you ask? Well to put it simply, a podcast can be an audio file, image or text that has been uploaded, downloaded and streamed either live or delayed to your ipod. They can range from talkback radio, audio journals, narratives and they can also come in video format which is called a 'Vodcast'. Phonecasting creates a podcast using a phone recording, skycasting is the recording of a skype session or skype conference call, webcasting is live interactive audio streamed online.



Resources:

www.txdla.org/.../2007/.../108_The%20Pedagogy%20of%20Podcasting.ppt

No comments:

Post a Comment